So I know studs and spikes have been a big trend for a while, but it is only recently I am noticing HOW much studs are being incorperated into fashion. I am seeing them on shoes, bags, jackets and even nails!
Personally I love them, I wasnt a massive fan at the start but they have really grown on me! I have a few tips for the stud virgin on how to pull them off!
1. You don’t have to look like a biker every time you wear them – I feel studs are cutest in small doses. Like on one item of your outfit, or as accessories. A plain outfit can be really jazzed up with a studded purse or shoes!
2. Studs are super simple to DIY – You don’t have to buy studded pieces in the shops. It can be frustrating for the average person on a budget to spend money on a item that is probably going to go out of fashion soon anyway. There are tons of tutorials online on how to glue or sew studs onto pretty much anything, and the best part is, when the trend disappears, you can just take them off! Brilliant!
3. If you would like to keep your innocent look – but like the look of studs, small jewelry pieces are great. They are super cute and blend in nicely with in a stack of bracelets. Also, small spike earings are gorgeous if you are going for a plain outfit. They tend to spice things up a bit!
Hope you get some inspiration from this! Thanks for reading! x
Nail Polish – Meet Me At Coral Island
During the week I bought this nail polish by Catrice called Meet Me At Coral Island. It is a stunning coral-pink, not too sheer, not too opaque. This picture is with two coats but one coat looks fine too, but if you love your polish to be vibrant, two coats is recommended!
The brush is thick and sturdy. It dries very fast, but not too fast! (Smudge alert in the first 3 minutes of applying!) But compared to most polishes I own it is relatively fast at drying.
All in all the polish is a hit. Gorgeous springtime color, or if you’re like me, perfect for brightening up a dull winter day!
I have some exciting tips for pulling off prints this coming spring! Personally I think prints are gorgeous but they are not for everyone. You gotta love them or hate them, I really dont think there is an inbetween!
So if you are a lover of prints, keep on reading!
1. Keep it minimal – Prints are very eye-catching and daring, you dont want to over do it or else your outfit will look messy and complicated. Keep it to a one item max for prints in your outfit. If the cardigan is prints keep all the rest plain, likewise if you have printed shoes or a handbag. You dont want to end up looking like your grandmothers wallpaper!
2. Floral is so in – Foral was a big hit for the last 2 spring seasons, and it doesnt seem to be dying down in any shape or form. In fact, I am seeing more floral now than ever! The great thing about floral prints is that there is usually one dominant color, which is very easy to work with. Also, floral totally brings out the girly side in your outfit, perfect for a first date!
3. Where is attention isnt wanted, avoid prints – If you have insecurities about a certain part of your body, make sure not to wear prints on that area. Prints attract attention, so wear them on the areas you wish to flaunt. Another great tip for us shorties, wearing printed heels will drag the eye down your legs to the shoes, great for adding the illusion that you are taller!
4. Printed dress are great, alone – If wearing a printed dress, make sure to have limited accessories. You dont want to have too much going on at once. Keep your hair and nails simple, and just rock the dress!
Well thats all for prints so far. Hope you enjoyed and thanks for reading! x
Ever wanted those long lean legs you see all the models strutting around in? Well, unfortunately, making our legs longer is something out of our reach (so far anyway who knows what science will bring!)
But I have the perfect tips for making the most out of what your momma gave you!
1. Stretching! – Even if you are not big into exercising, stretching should be done daily by EVERYONE. That includes you. Stretching your muscles not only increases your flexibilty, but it elongates and makes your muscles appear more lean. Spend 10 minutes minimum stretching all body parts everyday if not every other day. Stretching regularly will make you feel better, decrease the chances of injury and make daily routines (like walking up the stairs) easier!
2. Fake tan those pins – If you are lucky enough to have a natural tan, move on to tip 3. But for the majority of us ladies, fake tan is GREAT for making those pins appear longer and leaner. Sally Hansen, leg makeup is a life saver. Prep your legs before applying, ie, scrub and shave/wax/epilate *whole body shudder* and watch the magic unfold. Fake tan flaunts the leaner parts of the legs, knees, shins and feet, making your legs look super sexy!
3. Heels are a girls best friend, unless you cant walk in them – Heels are brilliant for elongating your calf muscles (the one from your foot to your knee). This makes if appear leaner and longer. Although please refrain from walking in heels unless you can do so in confidence. The undeniable look of pain on your face while trying to walk will greatly take away attention form all the work you have done so far!
– Nude heels are best for making your legs appear longer. The color blends in with your skin making it look like you dont have shoes on at all. Brilliant!
So rock those pins ladies and dont be afraid to take them out of the long jeans this spring/summer. Make the most of what you were given, short or tall!
Enjoy and thanks for reading! x
Spring is fast approaching, and I am lucky enough to have one of my beautiful cousins getting married in April. While I was scouring the internet for outfit ideas for the wedding, I decided to put together some outfit ideas and tips for any other ladies in a similar situation to me!
1. Pastel is very pretty – Pastel colors are GORGEOUS for springtime, and they suit any skin tone around. Pastel pinks and blues are beautiful on fair haired girls, while pastel purples and yellows bring out the best in those darker ladies. I found pairing a pastel colored dress with a complimenting colored pair of heels looks amazing. Gold and neutral shades look best 🙂
2. Before you make any decision, make sure you are comfortable – You don’t want to be stuck at a function for hours in an uncomfortable outfit that you are unhappy in. It will not only dampen your spirits but probably others around you too. If you love dresses, wear one. If you are not into dresses, wear pants. And most importantly, if you can’t walk in heels, DO NOT wear them! Blistered feet are not good and the penguin walk is not attractive. No matter how pretty they are, put them down, and walk away. There are plenty of gorgeous sandals out there made for you 🙂
3. Flaunt your personality – If you are into edgy fashion, but you don’t want to stand out too much, find a simple dress but wear edgy accessories. Studded bracelets of earings are so in right now, so rock them like a pro!
I hope this will help anyone who is in a bit of trouble choosing. Enjoy and thanks for reading! x
I bought a couple of things while I was out today (what girl doesnt?) and decided to share! I bought these 4 beautiful polishes from Catrice. It is a fairly new brand in Europe I dont know about the US, but these polishes are amazing! I have almost all of the colours, they are hard not to buy at only €3! The blue, gold and red are all shimmers. They catch the light beautifully everytime my hand passes a window. They last for about a week before chipping (depending on how clumsy you are!) Gorgeous, Gorgeous, Gorgeous!
And finally I got these AMAZING shoes from Primark. At €9 I couldnt resist! I figured these will go great for those long summer days at the park or a trip to the beach! They would also be perfect with a lace shirt and denim shorts! Highly recommend getting them if there is a Primark near you!Thanks for reading! x